Overview of the organization
A Penny A Day is an organization committed to the funding of charitable enterprises worldwide by providing them a program to facilitate small, sustainable, monthly donations by its members. The goals of the organization are simple:
To provide the public and corporate institutions a means of contributing sustainable, scheduled donations to local, national, and international institutions working for the public good in the following capacity:
- Develop a means for donors to contribute funds automatically by deducting a scheduled amount with each paycheck.
- Assist donors, corporations, and public good institutions with the donation transaction process.
- Assist donors and corporations with finding public good institutions ready to receive funding.
- Educate or provide educational material to donors, corporations, and public good institutions about scheduled donation planning.
- Develop a means to provide donors, corporations, and donation recipients with easy-to-understand documentation of transactions.
Contribute in small ways, everyday. Get started.
How to help
Currently, A Penny A Day can not handle donation transactions, although we are hoping to support such services in the future. In the meantime, you can contribute directly to your favorite organization using the A Penny A Day program (described in our “Get Involved” packet (PDF: 75k).
You can make a difference today by committing to a certain dollar (or cent) amount each day (payable according to a monthly cycle) to the organization(s) of your choice. To show the organization your intent, as well as to spread the word of the A Penny A Day program to a wider number of charitable organizations, just print and submit the Pledge Coupons (contained in the packet) alongside your payments.
Also, to volunteer to help with A Penny A Day or to include your charitable group in our service, please message us on LinkedIn.